Saturday 9 December 2017

Walking with Giants: Self-Devlopment

It was quite rough day. Nothing went in my favor. I was drowning in negative thoughts. Every single moment was pushing me in deep regrets full of failures and disappointments. I was hating myself...
Cold drizzling winters, empty dark streets and I was alone walking on road side at mid night. Lost in worries, moving slowly towards River Bridge. When I reached bridge, my mind started thinking to jump and finish once for all. I was preparing, ready to jump...

"Are you thinking to jump, young man?” I heard voice of an old man just standing behind me.
"Who me? no, no no..."
"I was just looking, how deep river is?" I replied cautiously
"Ha Ha Ha..." old man laughed.
"Hey anything funny" 
"No young man, nothing funny. You are worst at lying"
I felt little dis-graced.
"How do you know, that I am lying?"
"Young man, come here, walk with me" old man hold my hand and started walking towards end of bridge.
"When I was at your age, I also had same thoughts, but one day my father advised me get rid of such foolish thoughts and build friendship with giants".
"Friendship with giants". "What does this mean?"
"Patience young man" old man took deep breath and continued "young man, walk with giants, talk with them, share your feelings with them and they will guide you".
In meanwhile we reached end of bridge. Old man was breathing hard. We sat on nearby bench and then old man continued...
"Walking with giant means, walk with your inspirations. Walk with those people whose life inspired you most and who made their names in history."
"But, how can I do that? They all are dead" I felt bit confused.
Old man smiled.
"Dear, their bodies are dead and buried but they are still alive in our minds. Just close your eyes for moment and start thinking of them, whom you admire the most. Take deep breath and ask solutions of your problem. They will reply in their own way and guide you out of this difficult situation". "Walking with giants is all about spending time with history's great people. Allow them to become your mentor in your mind and control your acts. You can discuss your matters with Quaid-e-Azam, he will guide you in his way or you can get intellectual thoughts by thinking of Allama Iqbal. If you want inner peace, just spend time with Baba Bhulle Shah or any other sufi who you admire".
"Put these giants in your current situation and ask them how will they react in this situation? They will definitely reply". "All you need is concentration"
I closed my eyes, took deep breath and engaged myself in deep discussion with giants. Found many possible solutions and valuable suggestions. All came from my own mind, but it seemed someone else was controlling my mind. 
When i opened my eyes, old man was gone. I felt quite light, smiled and started walking towards home, obviously with GIANTS...

If you like my blog, kindly send me your feedback at following email address

info@askmaaz.com

Follow us at




1 comment:

  1. Wow autograph please..... :*
    Amk9339@gmail.com
    Sum1precious@gmail.com

    #easylife
    @askmaaz.com

    ReplyDelete

2019 Calendar - Happy New Year